Full function payroll manager role for friendly regional firm of accountants. This role involves supervision of a small team and the provision of payroll services and business partnering with a diverse set of clients. My client is looking for someone with managerial skills who has worked in a multi-client payroll role, either in practice or in a bureau.
- Responsible for the Payroll team to achieve the following;
- Collection & management of Payroll information from clients.
- Managing the payroll process for more than 200 clients & allocating work within the payroll team to manage this process.
- Preparing and/or reviewing payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparing reports for office use and for clients
- To build a rapport and maintain regular contact with clients/potential clients by telephone, email, letter and in person.To use sound judgement as to when it is appropriate to check the content of emails/letters with the appropriate partner before despatch.
- To take a lead role in the planning and monitoring of the workflow, and the effective financial management of payroll work within the office.To set time and fee budgets for all work within the payroll portfolio.
- To have input & ultimate responsibility for fee quotes and issuing of payroll bills.
- Relay figures for payment to clients.
- Run ad-hoc payroll reports for accounts staff.
- Ensure all client payroll queries are answered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Administer new payroll & pension schemes for new clients.
- Prepare year-end returns and submit to HMRC.
- To manage and motivate the payroll team, overseeing their schedule of work and ensuring that the work produced, and advice given to clients, are to schedule and to the required standard.
- Provide regular feedback to payroll staff on performance matters, take responsibility for their annual appraisal and the content and delivery of their training plan.To have input, as requested by the partners, to decisions on salary reviews.
- Ensure payroll procedures manual is up to date.
- Identify regular CPD training as relevant for the payroll team to ensure technical knowledge is updated regularly.Course content, dates and prices must be discussed/agreed with the partner.
- Project manage the review of existing software and the potential installation of new payroll software if necessary.
- This person must have previous payroll experience ideally within a practice or payroll bureau environment.Experience of computerized payroll packages is essential.Someone who pays attention to detail and ideally has a good sound knowledge of O365 programmes.
- The Payroll Supervisor must have excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan, anticipate bottlenecks in the workflow, cope with conflicting demands and priorities, and to know when to decline and delegate.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a professional manner and be able to build and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues. A genuine interest in managing and motivating other members of staff is also important.
KnoxRecruit is the trading name of the office support specialism of eXactitude Resourcing Limited and is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn’t discriminate on any protected characteristics.